Association “Woman and Society” was established in 1995 as a non-profit organization. During its activity AWS cooperated with such international and local organizations like, Soros fund, Eurasia Fund, Corporation Pragma, Mama Cash, Global Fund, IREX, ACTED, UNDP, NSIFT, GIZ, the RTLC (USAID) project, MEGOHM, the UN Woman, Helvetas, IFC, US Embassy. In 2015 AWS was re-registered in the Ministry of Justice and has received the republican status of public organization.
Mission of Woman and Society Association:
- AWS mission is directed to increase women status,
- socio – economic development
- society contribution to economic and social improvement of society through different providing services.
During its activity AWS has implemented a number of projects directed to achievement of organization’s mission. It should be noted that organization has sufficient personnel potential in the sphere of social mobilization, economy and the rights.
AWS for the purpose of achievement of its mission pursues five activities:
- Formation of civil society by means of conducting trainings and providing consultations, services in the field of law and economy.
- Increasing of women status and level of their education.
- Social mobilization of labor migrants’ family members and vulnerable families
- Raising the level of legal literacy of land users on land legal relationship
- Counteraction to human trafficking and support of migrants